Sunday, September 28, 2008

The adventures of Eldon, part 2,365,936

Here's a picture my mom took of me for my first day in Grade 1.

When I came home from Grade 1 after a couple of days and my mom asked me how school was going I told her it was "kinda like being back in preschool". The teacher was also surprised that I could already read. My mom went to talk to the teacher for some reason and the next day they took me to the principal's office. I was kind of nervous have to go there. But they just made me do lots of different tests.

After that my mom had to take another picture. This is the picture she took of me for my first day in Grade 2!


I seem a lot happier in Grade 2 and the work is a lot more interesting. I even have spelling tests now.

I've also lost my two front teeth. I got one out myself. The other one was just hanging there and I couldn't make myself pull it out so my dad grabbed a hold of it and gave a quick "adjustment" and the next thing I knew it was in his hand!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello

Anonymous said...

I really liked the story about Eldon passing 1st grade so quickly! A bright little fellow, no doubt. And better yet, his folks were smart enough to initiate his promotion to grade 2!If kids get bored in school, and not challenged, their learning becomes disenchanted. You guys live in a beautiful area of the continent, have been there before, will have to come visit you!
John Kavaloski (MN)