
and a welcome home from the Maple Leaf.....

The last 3 weeks have brought some major and completely unexpected changes into our life. We have made the decision to move back to Canada. We are in the process of purchasing a chiropractic practice in northern British Columbia.
One of our friends in Kitimat, BC is selling his practice. It will be an excellent opportunity for our family. It will be difficult to leave behind our friends here and the patients that I've gotten to know well enough to call friends. On the other hand, it is exciting to look forward to the next chapter in our lives. Carolee plans on being in Kitimat for Eldon to begin school on September 2. I have given my notice and my last day of work will be September 4, so I will be following. We appreciate all the friendships and bonds we have formed during our 9 years of living in the U.S. and invite you to come visit us sometime in our new home.
After having two children born as American citizens, our third will be born as a Canadian citizen in January. ;)
(How was that for an unexpected twist at the end of the story?)

2 comments:
and the tears are fallin...
I looked up Kitimat on the map and by the time I zoomed out to get MN in the same map, I also had Japan -- you are moving halfway to Japan!!!
I love you all and wish you well -- just sad for my sake -- I will miss you horribly --Rita
Oh my! I just found your blog today, and what a surprise...#1, that you have a blog. #2, that you're leaving the US, and the best one of all, #3, that you're expecting #3!!!!
I hope Eldon's first day of school went well...it's Joel's and Rebecca's first day today too. They should be home in 40 minutes or so.
Say hello to Carolee and the kids. We often think about driving to the UP again, but I guess we won't now...
Post a Comment